14 February 2011

Not quite hitchless

No blog post today, unfortunately. My computer was in the shop for most of the past week, so I didn't have the time to work on anything. I'll try to make up for it with a mid-week post in the next few days. The promised number line post is postponed 'til next Monday because it still needs ~*images*~ and that's too much work for me to deal with right now to get a post up by tonight.

I will, however, share with you what happened when I went to pick up my computer from the shop.

As I was discussing things with the technician, a middle-aged woman walks in with a flatscreen monitor, talking on her cell phone about how she's "fi'n'a find out why this monitor don't work."

The tech asks her what the problem is. She replies, "It won't turn on."

"Where's the power cord?" he asks. "Did you bring that with you?"

"The power cord?"

"Yes, I can't turn it on if there's no power cord."

"What's that?"

The tech stops, staring at her.

"Can you show me?" she asks.

He points to the monitor, indicating the port for the power cord.

"What do you need that for?"

"You can't turn it on if there's no power."

"So I need a power cord or it won't work?"

"Yes."

"Is that why it won't turn on? I need a power cord?"

"Yes."

She proceeded to ask if he had any available in the shop for her to buy, and as he walked by me to get to the register desk, I heard him mutter under his breath, "God help me."

I do not envy people in the computer industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment